Joel-Anthony Gray earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering with Honors at the University of Texas at Dallas with a Minor in Nanotechnology. Completed coursework has included intensive classes in Electromagnetics, RF Design, Communication Systems and Signals & Systems and he has had extensive experience in troubleshooting a broad variety of technical problems, particularly EMI / RF interference issues with industrial and biomedical equipment.
Licensed as a Mold Assessment Consultant (License # MAC1387) by the State of Texas.
Certified AARST-NRPP Radon Measurement provider (ID # 108991 RT) for HUD, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, GSA buildings such as multi-family and assisted care living centers.
He is also an official member of the Texas Society of Professional Engineers and is currently working towards another degree in Biomedical Engineering and his PE license. His educational credentials and experience qualify him to be a Professional Industrial Hygienist according to AIHA (American Industrial Hygiene Association) standards.
He has also attended an official course for Radiation Safety Officers offered by the TCEQ (Texas Commission on Environmental Quality) and recently completed advanced courses in Biology, Organic Chemistry, Engineering Physiology of the Human Body, Microbiology, Biomaterials and Medical Devices so as to better understand the effects of pathogens, toxins, biochemical reactions, radiation and other environmental factors at the physiological, cellular and bio-molecular levels.
- Engineering Physiology of the Human Body (BMEN 3330)
- Advanced Microbiology (BIOL 2421)
- Organic Chemistry I & II (CHEM 2323 / 2325)
- Advanced Electron Microscopy (MSEN 6340)
- Biology I for Science Majors (BIOL 1406)
- Introduction to Nanoscience & Nanotechnology (NANO 3301)
- Nanotechnology Research (1 year) (NANO 4V95 / 4V97)
- Nanoscale Fabrication Engineering (Integrated Circuit Technology) (EE 4330)
- Nanotech Instrumentation, Microscopy & Spectroscopy (NANO 3302)
- Plasma Technology / Plasma Science (PHYS 6383 / NANO 4391)
- Materials Science (NANO 3310)
- Biomaterials & Medical Devices (BMEN 4360)
- Medical Imaging (BMEN 3380) including X-Rays, CT scans, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound
- Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene (GEHS 6720)
- Radiological Health (GEHS 6300)
He has been testing for radon gas and radiation for over 13 years and blogs regularly on the subject and dangers of radon (and other indoor air quality pollutants) at:
In conjunction with receiving a recent degree in Electrical Engineering, Joel-Anthony Gray has over twenty years of technical experience in the fields of computer repair, information technology, networking, audio/video equipment, photography, electronics, electromechanical control systems, automotive mechanics, wireless networks, telecom, biomedical technology, chemistry, materials science, electron / optical microscopy, plasma physics, radiation measurement, ultra-high vacuum systems and nanotechnology including semiconductor fabrication and characterization.
ABOUT SCANTECH TECHNICAL CONSULTING
ScanTech was started as a specialized technical consulting service over ten years ago in 2002 and has been conducting Indoor Air Quality / Radon / Radiation and other energy surveys / consultations / inspections for hundreds of highly satisfied homeowners and businesses including many Fortune 500 corporations in the Dallas / Fort Worth area and beyond. Scantech Technical Consulting has had experience in radon gas and radiation testing for several years, a certificate in X-Ray Safety and has an ongoing education in medical geology and environmental chemistry.